United Medical Equipment Business Solutions Network Inc. Offers Medication Management App to Support
- An estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people die every year in the U.S. due to medication errors
- A sizeable percentage of individuals dealing with medication mismanagement are older
- United Medical’s medication app offers 11 functionalities designed for health-care professionals, caregivers, students and family members
Each year, in the United States alone, an estimated 7,000 to 9,000 people die due to a medication error while hundreds of thousands of others experience adverse reactions or other complications related to medications, reports the National Center for Biotechnology Information (“NCBI”) (https://ibn.fm/cUBFl). United Medical Equipment Business Solutions Network is paying close attention to stats like these and, as a result, has created a powerful Medication Management app.
“Close to 6,800 prescription medications and countless over-the-counter drugs are available in the United States,” reports the NCBI. “To further complicate a practitioner’s responsibility during patient care, there are thousands of health supplements, herbs, potions, and lotions used by the public regularly to treat their health problems. . . . .
“The total cost of looking after patients with medication-associated errors exceeds $40 billion each year, with over 7 million patients affected,” the report continues. “In addition to the monetary cost, patients experience psychological and physical pain and suffering as a result of medication errors. Finally, a major consequence of medication errors is that it leads to decreased patients satisfaction and a growing lack of trust in the healthcare system.”
A sizeable percentage of these individuals dealing with medication mismanagement are older. According to the American Public Health Association, people age 65 and older make up 12% of the U.S. population but account for 34% of all prescription medication use and 30% of all over-the-counter medication use (https://ibn.fm/t0keN). It is that demographic that United Medical is most interested in. The company is focused on providing reliable resources and solutions to fit the ever-changing needs of an aging population that includes seniors and veterans.
United Medical’s Medication Management App is designed for health-care professionals, caregivers, students and family members who are providing direct and indirect patient care and education. The app features 11 different functionalities, including the following:
- Access to a medication/drug library for up-to-date information on medications and their indications, dosage, side effects, etc.
- Identification tools for medications that are not within their original containers
- Conversion systems for metric-U.S./Imperial quantities that includes weight, temperature, volume, and height
- Dosage converter for active medications/treatments whether in the hospital or at home
- Access to discount-rate CEUs for continuing education through Elite Healthcare
- IV (intravenous) and Y-site compatibility checker for nurses or medical personnel taking care of patients with IV access
- HIPAA Secure Messenger for messaging and discussions between health-care team members, educators and students, and even family members at home wishing to keep private information protected
- One-click HIPAA compliant video conferencing to speak with the UMEBSNI Health Resources or allow clinical educators to clinical students
United Medical offers initial downloads of its basic Medical Management App functionalities for both the iOS and Android platforms. The simple app is designed to help users prevent medication errors and make quick, well-informed — and even lifesaving — decisions.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.UnitedMedSolutions.com.
To learn more about the company’s Medication Management app, visit www.MedicationManagement.app.
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to United Medical Equipment are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/UnitedMed
QualityStocks is committed to connecting subscribers with companies that have huge potential to succeed in the short and long-term future. It is part of our mission statement to help the investment community discover emerging companies that offer excellent growth potential. We offer several ways for investors to learn more about investing in these companies as well as find and evaluate them.